NOT ONE OF US #40, 10/08, John Benson, (stories and poems outside the norm; explores "otherness" from every fictional angle; waiting or leaving issue), new 4.50(discount: 20%)
After quite a while resting on my more or less laurels (past listings) it's time to get a move on and put up some more listings. My goal is five books every day from now on. This should be achievable, but not according to my past performance.
These books get listed in three places: on Amazon, Biblio, and Half. Books without ISBNs (older books) generally will not be listed on half. My prices might vary between these three places. Amazon and Half tell me competing prices, so I peg mine on them. Thus, if the lowest price for Deadly Percheron is $98 on Amazon, I might peg mine at $95. If it weren't my only copy maybe I'd be more reasonable. In fact, I think my Biblio listing is more reasonable.
Going forward (and possibly backward), links to titles of books will send you to the main Amazon listing. My listing will be somewhere amidst the other maybe 237 listings. This is where my photo of the book can be seen, which will probably be a better one than the one Amazon features. Half doesn't let me attach my own photo—at least I don't think it does. Photos are also at biblio. Lots of older listings still don't have photos. Nor updated prices.
I've been lousy at selling direct via email. Sorry about that, if you've tried me. Listing through the major portals keeps me honest—also prompt and reliable.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
- Tor 53206 Bova, Ben VOYAGERS II: The Alien Within, 1/87, g $1
- Del Rey 32348 Hawkins, Ward SWORD OF FIRE, 10/85, (PBO; Harry Borg & Gass, the inimitable lizard-men from Essa!), g $1
- Del Rey 30898 Asimov, Isaac FOUNDATION'S EDGE, 11/83, (Foundation #4), g 1.50
- Del Rey 30887 Drew, Wayland THE MEMOIRS OF ALCHERINGIA, 5/84, (PBO; Erthring Cycle #1; His desire for knowledge made him dangerous to his people but too valuable to kill!), g 1.50
- Ace 78053 McIntyre, Vonda N. STARFARERS, 4/89, (Scientists...or renegades?), g-vg $2
- Del Rey 29853 Brown, Fredric MARTIANS, GO HOME, 3rd(10/81), (They were little green men, but with a difference...and what a difference!), g-vg 2.50
- Del Rey 31488 Daley, Brian JINX ON A TERRAN INHERITANCE , 12/85, (PBO; A blazing new Hobart Floyt and Alacrity Fitzhugh adventure), g-vg 1.50
- Faw GM 3980 Goldin, Stephen MIND FLIGHT, ('78), 1st, (PBO; A searing novel of an interplanetary spy out in the cold and on the run, cursed with a telepathic gift that could both save and destroy him!), vg+ 2.50
- Roberts, Adam THE SNOW, Gollancz '04, 1st (pb variant), (It falls and falls and falls...until it lies three miles thick across the whole of the earth), vg-f 8.00
- Lancer 72-740 Williamson, Jack GOLDEN BLOOD, 7/64, (PBO; gem from the golden age of Weird Tales; science and sorcery battle in a desert of mystery - and one man fights alone against odds of unimaginable evil), vg 4.00
- Oates, Joyce Carol RAPE: A Love Story, Otto Penzler/Carroll & Graf '03, 1st, (assailants also killed her grandmother's longhaired orange cat), as new in dj 8.00
- Morris, Wright WRITING MY LIFE: An Autobiography, Black Sparrow ('93), (brings together in one volume the memoirs of National Book Award winner), as new 10.00
- Gilbar, Steven & Dean Stewart (ed) PUBLISHED & PERISHED: Memoria, Eulogies & Remembarances of American Writers, Godine '02, 1st edn, (47 well considered and often startlingly honest appraisals of great names in American literature, memorialized, eulogized, and sometimes criticized by their closest friends and peers), as new in dj 6.00
Monday, September 22, 2008
- Ace Double D-427 Williams, Robert Moore WORLD OF THE MASTERMINDS / TO THE END OF TIME and Other Stories, ('60), (PBOs), vg-f 7.50
- Pyramid F829 Brunner, John THE DREAMING EARTH, 2/63, (PBO; The planet was overcrowded - until people started vanishing into thin air!), vg 3.00
- Ballantine U2219 Brunner, John THE WHOLE MAN, 8/64, (PBO; He was a menace - the ultimate power in controlled telepathy!), vg-f 5.00
- Ace D-530 Williams, Robert Moore THE DAY THEY H-BOMBED LOS ANGELES, ('61), (PBO; The coming of the zombies - pitiful handful of survivors), vg (binding a bit askew, otherwise vg-f) 8.00
- Signet P3113 Brunner, John THE PRODUCTIONS OF TIME, 2/67, (PBO; A sadistic playwright's avant-garde theater thrusts a troupe of actors into an experiment in programmed perversion), g-vg $2; vg (small price label) 3.00
- Ace F- 350 Bradley, Marion Zimmer STAR OF DANGER, ('65), (PBO; Darkover; He ventured where expert spacemen never dared), g-vg $2; vg (small price label) 3.50
- Ace F- 303 Bradley, Marion Zimmer THE BLOODY SUN, ('64), (PBO; Darkover; The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home strange), vg $4; vg+ 5.00
- Ace pb 84601 Carr, Terry (ed) UNIVERSE 2, ('72), (PBO; all-new stories; Ellison, Wolfe, Lafferty, Silverberg, etc.), g-vg 2.50 (no link to covershot on this one - evidently I missed snapping this)
- Ballantine 72019 Brunner, John DOUBLE, DOUBLE, 1/69, (PBO), g-vg $1; vg-f 3.00
- Belmont Double 00081 Brunner, John / Duncan, Bruce FATHER OF LIES / MIRROR IMAGE, 10/68, (PBOs; Which is the real world? / ...And who are the real men?), vg 5.00
- Lessing, Doris STORIES, Vintage, 4/80, (major collection; contains all of author's short fiction by 1978, other than the stories set in Africa), vg 5.00
- Twain, Mark THE UNABRIDGED MARK TWAIN 1 & 2, Running Press, 11th & 6th printings, (contains every major piece of fiction by Twain; 1289 & 1118 pages), the pair, g-vg & vg 12.00
- Wodehouse, P.G. NOTHING BUT WODEHOUSE, Garden City/Book Club, nd, (three wildly hilarious volumes in one; Ogden Nash [ed]), vg in dj 6.00
- Craig, Patricia (ed) THE OXFORD BOOK OF ENGLISH DETECTIVE STORIES, Oxford '90, (gathers together a wide range of stories, many unfamiliar; the cream of crime; 554 pages), vg+ in dj 8.00
- Naipaul, V.S. THE RETURN OF EVA PERON, Knopf '80, 1st edn, (with The Killings in Trinidad; essays), vg in dj 10.00
- London, Jack STORIES: The Call of the Wild, The Cruise of the Dazzler and Other Stories of Adventure, Platt & Munk Great Writers Collection ('60), (with the Author's Special Report: Gold Hunters of the North; 528 pages), g (solid, clean) 4.00
- Williamson, Jack THREE FROM THE LEGION, SFBC, nd (code J47 on p535), (collects The Legion of Space, The Cometeers & One Against the Legion; 536 pages), "Things to Come" (12/79) leaflet laid in, vg+ in vg dj 7.00
- Drew, Wayland THE ERTHRING CYCLE, SFBC, nd (code Q35 on p656), (3-in-1 omnibus edn; collects The Memoirs of Alcheringia, The Gaian Expedient & The Master of Norriya; 659 pages), vg+ in dj 5.00
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
---This morning I added another batch of internet-ready photos -- the ones I’ve uploaded to my biblio.com listings. These are already cataloged and can be found in the listings. When I get a chance I might copy some of the cataloguing information and use it in the photo descriptions.
---Now that I’m catching the (shutter-) bug again, maybe I’ll see what non-covershot pix I might have -- and maybe start carrying the camera around for a few snaps somewhere else besides on the graymat in the sunroom.
Monday, September 15, 2008
---Speaking of covershots, I have quite a few more to take piled up in the sunroom, of books picked up at the big Planned Parenthood booksale over the past weekend. I will try to get these up on flickr too -- one of those things I will wonder why it took me so long to glom onto.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Miller, Wade THE KILLER / DEVIL ON TWO STICKS: Two Mysteries, Stark House Noir Classics, 9/08, 1st thus, (collects 1951 Gold Medal pb & 1949 hc reprinted by Signet in 1950 as Killer's Choice; adds intro by Bob Wade & "Bob Wade and Bill Miller: The Deadly Collaboration" by David Laurence Wilson), new 17.95(discount: 20%)
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ▼ September (7)
- ► 2007 (144)
- ► 2006 (156)
- ► 2005 (197)
- ► 2004 (301)
- ► 2003 (325)